6th class pupils took part today in a triathlon in…
Work for 5th Class
- Exploring Spelling: Unit 17 p72-p75 inclusive
- Put each word into a FLIP (Full Long Interesting Proper) sentence in your copy
- In your copy list 100+ words using the letters in the word ‘underestimate’
- Write an Acrostic Poem entitled ‘coronavirus’
- Réalta Litriú: Aonad 22 ‘Lá Fhéile Pádraig’ Lch 64 – Lch 66 agus Aonad 24 ‘Daoine ag Obair’ Lch 70 – Lch 72
- Mental Maths: Weeks 23 & 24 p68-p73 inclusive
- Busy at Maths: Chapter 22 & 23 p120-p128 inclusive
- Finish reading your class novel
- Do a project on any inspirational woman from history – you may do this on PowerPoint if you like
- Art – design a brochure for traveling to Ireland
Some optional extra ideas/ websites:
- DEAR ( Drop Everything And Read) During the day encourage child to partake in DEAR time whenever they can.
- Twinkl.ie is an educational website that has lots of educational resources. Twinkl are offering one months free membership for parents. There is unlimited access to resources for every subject from junior Infants to sixth class. ( www.twinkl.ie/offer)
- Typing.com is a good resource to help children become proficient in their typing skills. You may help your children to create their own accounts. ( www.typing.com )
- Top Marks is a website with a number of educational games. (www.Topmarks.com)
- Sudoko or any other puzzles would be a great way to challenge children.
Educational Mathematics Websites.
Educational Gaeilge Websites:
- Duolingo is a free mobile app that can be used to facilitate the children’s gaeilge.
Educational Literacy Websites: